Children are often referred by physicians or identified by teachers with rather ill defined behavioral, language or cognitive concerns, such as delayed speech or language skills, poor performance on standardized tests, difficulties in school completing work, paying attention or comprehending what they read. Appropriate intervention first requires comprehensive assessment to isolate the specific skill deficits.
The key to effective treatment is accurate and insightful assessment that results in a better understanding of the child's learning profile of strengths and weaknesses and can provide precise and individualized recommendations.
Accurate diagnosis and the design of individualized therapy programs are particularly important since subtle differences in behavior may be caused by quite distinct neurophysiological dysfunctions.
Dr. Susan Grant provides:
- Educational Testing for Dyslexia, Written Language Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Math, and Attention Disorders
- Speech and Language Testing for Language/ Auditory Processing Disorders, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Delayed Speech and language Development, Phonological Disorders and Speech Apraxia
Dr. Edwin Oliver provides:
- Psychological Assessment and Evaluation for anxiety, depression, learning needs, and attention difficulties
- Psychotherapy for children, adolescents, and adults
- Language Therapy
- Speech/Articulation Therapy
- Tongue Thrust Therapy
- Counseling and Behavioral Therapy
- Summer Programs
We offer flexible scheduling times including after school and Saturday morning hours. Please call the office to check availability. Speech and language therapy services may also be available at your child's school or preschool.
Speech and language therapy rates are as follows:
$65 for a 30 minute session
$95 for a 45 minute session
$125 for a 60 minute session
Testing fees are determined by age and the type of testing. Please call the office for specific information.
PAYMENT IS DUE AT THE TIME SERVICES ARE RENDERED. CHECKS AND CASH ONLY ARE ACCEPTED. (NO CREDIT CARDS)
Sorry, but we DO NOT accept insurance. We will however provide you with a coded bill that you can submit to your carrier.